Baby Noah is Here *Part 2*

 The next day

6am

The doctor induced me and did a cervical exam. That was very painful. It was a mere 1cm dilated and I was devastated to hear that.

*Induction means sticking up a pill through my vagina all the way up to my cervix. What it does is it forces your cervix to open so you can go into labour. The risk of induction is that your cervix still doesn't open, you might end up with a C-section*.

After insert the pill I was advised just to lie down in case the pill falls or doesn't work. They told me they'll come and check my dilation in 6 hours. In the meantime, I should just sleep but of course I couldn't so I ended up praying and read Bible to calm myself. 

7.30am

Contraction started coming. It was funny because all these while whenever I felt pain, I always thought they were contractions because I was so desperate to go into labour. But the real contraction feels like menstrual pain but 10 times worse?

11am

My aunty came and I breathed a sigh of relief. At least I knew if there were any complications she would be on it. So she checked my dilation and my heart was pounding. 

"You are 3cm dilated now." Now I just have to pray that I will keep dilating smoothly till the end.

1.30pm

Contractions were at a constant interval. It felt like there's a big shit coming out. The pain was so sharp but I was still able to text my husband updated him my feeling.



1.52pm

The pain escalated. After calling my aunty she get the nurse to transfer me to the labour room. I didn't know what time did my husband arrive. I remembered I clutched his shirt tightly when I saw him. The doctor offered me laughing gas so that it could ease the pain but I didn't find it helpful. Even though I was already in great pain I still couldn't give birth because the cervix still didn't open big enough. 

After waited a little while a nurse did the cervical exam again and said that I am ready to deliver. I wasn't sure how many cm did I dilate that time. All that I needed to do is to PUSHHHHH!

Everyone in the room was urging me to push harder, hold little longer, don't drag for too long. I already used all my body strength but seemed like not enough for them. Maybe it was because I fast since in the morning after my induction. I needed to fast just in case if I have to do a C-section. So I had not enough strength to push. I remembered a nurse pressed my stomach really hard and it helped. This went on for several rounds till baby's head came out.

3.58pm

Baby came out! I couldn't remember his first cry and I didn't even know that I had successfully give birth until I saw the baby. 

They wrapped the baby up and hand him over to put on my chest. It was so so so surreal! I can't believe I gave birth to this little baby. It feels amazing when I let my baby latched on me. All the pain was worth it.

After the skin to skin contact, the nurse took my baby away to put in NICU as he needs to be closely monitored for any signs of an infection.

I was feeling so much love for God for giving us such a beautiful and healthy son. It was almost unreal. We've received so much love and prayers from our family and friends. I can't wait to tell baby Noah how blessed he is.

So he better be a good boy!

My first born-Noah


Comments

Popular Posts