Baby Noah is Here! *Part 1*

 My baby arrived two days after I updated my previous blog which was on 28 Jan. It has taken me some time just for me to be able to wrap my head around the events of the birth of my baby. I've been looking forward to getting my birth story down on paper. As I write, I keep having flashbacks of my birth experience.

It started on the day before I delivered. It was 3am in the morning. I went to toilet to pee. After peeing I continue to feel fluid leaking. At that time I knew my water has broken! I was very worried because I was told that once the membrane has ruptured I need to go to the hospital immediately. So I quickly woke my husband up. I wasn't sure if I should go to the hospital because I had no contractions. So after googled, we decided to go to bed first and wait for some clearer signs. Well, of course I couldn't sleep. He on the other hand slept soundly. I was worried that would it cause any harm to the baby. The night seems so long. 

Finally, the night was over. After getting the blessing from my in laws we went to the hospital. Actually I was supposed to have a check-up with my aunty (she's the head of O&G in HSM) on that day. Never did I know that I might go into labour on the same day. After some checking, she explained a few plans to me. Due to my amniotic fluid was leaking so I needed to be admitted and wait for contractions. If my baby is not born within the next 12 hours after water breaking then I may need to have labour induced. I was hoping that I do not need to go for induction as I heard it will be even more painful. However, even if I induced my baby and my cervix was still closed then I'll end up with a c-section. My heart sank. All these while I was hoping for a natural delivery. So, what I could do is just wait. 

The nurse and doctor monitored closely on the colour of my pad. This is because if the fluid appears green-tinged or brownish yellow this can indicate the baby has had a bowel movement in the womb, which can cause breathing complication when the baby is born. 

Hour after hour there's still no contraction, It was really frustrating because I was hoping to see baby soon. Meanwhile I was also worried that long hours of amniotic fluid leakage would harm my baby. I couldn't sleep that whole night. Partly because I was worried and also because the nurse constantly came and check my body temperature, BP level and baby's heart rate.  

*I'll continue in the next post* Need to get some sleep before baby wakes up. 

Ready to be admitted. I don't look like I was pregnant from the back right?


Comments

Popular Posts