A Bun In the Oven

Now that we have entered into a new year - 2021. Due to Covid-19, 2020 seems bored, stuck and unproductive. Never before have the lives of so many people around the world been affected at this scale or speed. Unfortunately, as we get ready to ring in 2021, corona virus continue to spread. The virus is here for the long haul. Even though 2021 is going to look very similar to 2020, it would not be the same for me as I am entering another new chapter of my life. 

I am currently 36 weeks pregnant which means at my last month of pregnancy. I am going to meet my little one very very soon. Hopefully in another 2 weeks time. While waiting for this little one to come, I want to frame this moment in time. I want to remember this feeling of anticipation and excitement. 

As the due date is very near, I am on high alert thinking that any symptom might be the start of oncoming labour, that any day could be the day. Especially being the first-time mom, there are many things that I am nervous and unsure. A cramp or an upset stomach makes me think it could be a sign of things to come. I am anxious that maybe when I go to sleep, labour pains will make me up. I have a ton of questions and do not know what to expect life to be like with a brand new baby. My head was filled with questions like whether my baby is getting enough to eat, how many times should my baby nurse and etc. I watched a lot of videos about handling baby and things to take note after delivery and all these made me overwhelmed.  

I read a lot to learn the sign of labours as I am really clueless. I wonder how labor will feel, how long it will take and how to know whether it's the real deal or just a false alarm. Meanwhile, I've heard different stories of other people experience about giving birth and watched labour and delivery videos. I've mentally prepared myself but of course I am in fear too. I understand that labour is different for every woman. Every mother goes on a birth process that's unique to her body. The thing that carry me through every step of the way and give me peace of mind, is Prayer!

I've accepted that there's only so much I can prepare for such life-changing moment and that parenting really is something we learn on the go. Even though I'm getting impatient with waiting, I'm trying to relax and enjoy the quieter moments. 

Can't wait to carry the little in my arm!


Comments

Popular Posts