Lonely footsteps

It was a bonus that I had 2 months break before starting a new job so I've decided to venture some places that I always wanted to. I've chose Penang as my destination because touring around the island is very convenient with its public transport. All the tourists spot can be easily reached with buses.

I stayed at a hostel during my short trip in Penang. It was my very first experience staying in a dorm with strangers from other countries. My roommate were from Australia and Switzerland. The experience was a good one and they are very friendly. The room is clean and comfortable. Unfortunately the wooden floors made every footsteps clearly to be heard and I had a hard time to sleep at night.


The nostalgia part was on my second day stay. A new roommate from Switzerland checked in. By the time she checked in it was quite late. She is a loud person and I got annoyed. The AC in the room worked so well. I raised the temperature before I went to sleep. However, I was freezing at night and totally kept me awake. The blanket is too thin to keep me warm. I was rolling on the bed that I decided to raise the temperature to the maximum but the room remained cold. Out of no choice, again I woke up and off the AC but I was worried that my another two roommates from cold countries will feel warm. After turning off AC for a while I on it again. However, I was still very cold so I have put on extra cloth on me. I even wore socks and jeans to keep myself warm. After all, actually everyone in the room were very cold. I guess it was the scruple in us that made everyone suffer.


Wrap up, travelling alone can be very lonely and you will need to find out your own will to deal with loneliness. It all depends how well you enjoy it! 




Comments

Popular Posts