Unexpected Haji

My last post was in July and now is October. I have neglected my blog for about 3 months. I wish I can be more progressive in writing. But sometimes you need inspiration and motivation to write. I am lacking both of these. 

I love my intern life. The days are colourful. I have the opportunity to meet up with different people from different nationality and backgrounds. Though I am in Malaysia I feel like I am living in a country that is foreign to me. The people whom I face everyday are Pakistani, Myanmarese, Nepalis, Sri Lanka, Cambodia and etc. These people came to Malaysia for different purpose. Most of them are distressed by their own country. In order to survive they fled to Malaysia. Their stories are heart broking where I really hardly imagine how they went through the dark moment in their life. These people are waiting to resettle in third country. By looking at them I know there's nothing for me to complain in my life. Anyway, still, everyone has problems of their own.

The details will come out in my following posts. Past two days was Hari Raya Haji and it was a holiday. I was invited by a Pakistani pastor to join the celebration together with the Pakistani Muslim friends. Without hesitation, I agreed. (I am a person who feel reluctant to come out at night time and I was very tired that day.) 

I was told to come at 10pm so I walked there at 9.45pm. I was shocked as the event already started and everyone eying on me. I was so embarrassed. Quickly searched for a seat and starring around. The people dressed so well (they were on their traditional cloth), compared to them, my attire was just too casual...A girl came to me and asked why don't I change a better one. I answered her that I didn't know Haji is such a valuable occasion for the Muslims, For the past 22 years I only knew that Haji is a holiday but never know the behind meaning. Hari Raya Haji also known as the "Festival of Sacrifice". It commemorates the prophet Abraham's willingness to sacrifice his son in the name of God. 

At 12am only they served the food. Luckily I had my dinner if not I will be starving. I love Pakistani food especially chapati. It is not oily. The food they served is quite heavy for me as it was already 12am! Anyway the food really taste good and I felt it is not good to reject them. I finished the food with a sense of guilt. I can feel my weight is increasing. ><

After eating, it was entertainment time. They played the music and the men danced happily or should I say crazily? They are just born to be a dancer. Everyone of them danced so well! No shyness. I think dancing is a good way for them to release their stress and emotion. During half way, I was invited to dance with them. I was so awkward because I can't! They were so enthusiastic. I had no choice but to summon up the courage I went in front. Luckily a guy hold my hand and guided me or else I gonna dance like a robot. It was a fun and cool experience.

The event ended quite late. I couldn't stay longer so just slipped away. It was 2.30am. I woke up late the next day where I probably don't like to wake up late. Skipped my lunch as I think I was overeat the day before. Started to feel hungry in the evening. My housemate cooked Chapati and mutton. In the beginning I rejected her in a polite way but later on decided to feed my hunger as I was really hungry. Oh! That's shameful!

Okay.....That's the end for today...More are coming up!

The food that being served late at night.






P/s: I should have brought my phone along which served a better quality of photos.

Comments

Popular Posts