The family

During my intern days, I am staying with one Pakistani family. It is a big family consists of 7 people, the parents and 5 children. When I received the email from Bro A that I am going to stay with a Pakistani family, I was really excited. I was in Thailand and quickly told my mum. (Well, we were having a short trip in Thai.) She showed a worry face. I was the only one who was excited. Getting along with diverse people and diverse cultures are something I am interested with. I love meeting up with new people.

When I first arrived at the house, they welcomed me with open arms. Oh ya! forgot to mention, the family has 4 daughters and a son. The two elder daughter is 18, 17 and the 3rd one is 12 followed by a son, 8 and the little daughter who is just one year old. They treated me like their own family. Day by day they told me their past-stories. They went through a hard life in their country so they fled to Malaysia. While they were in Malaysia, they were cheated by people and lose a huge amount of money. It is not easy for them especially the children. They should have enjoy their life at this young age, go to college, meeting up friends.....

Living with people from different cultures always not an easy things. The way they talked too loudly sometimes even like shouting though it is late at night. There were many nights I hardly get a proper rest ended up the next day I am so tired. This somehow is a torture to me. Sleep is very important to me. Lack of sleep can affect my mood. It could really ruin my day. Every night I pray hard for a good rest. T.T

Their food habits is so different from me. Their food is too greasy for me as I only go for light food due to health conscious. Once a while still acceptable but if it is too frequent I am afraid my weight...(you know right? Common worry for ladies!) Find out that they don't really eat vegetables. Wondering they don't like it or their culture is like that. I hardly survive without green leaves. Anyway, not to deny I really love Pakistani food. I am so lucky that I have the chance to try different kinds of Pakistani food in Malaysia and all are home-cook!

The family shifted last month due to some issues. Not going to mention about it. Let's forget about the past. Though during the short stay with them, they had caused some unease to me certain times but I chose to remember the beautiful memories. They left in a rush without acknowledge me. Some words for them:
Dear S family, thanks for treating me as your family member and take good care for me. Thanks for being generous for me. Would like to apologise if I have insulted you. May God bless you.

Okay....that's the story of me and the family. Let's see some beautiful faces.

The little daughter. She's the sun for us!

The Elders daughter
 
Buka puasa dinner


Eldest, Third daughter and the only son
Me and the 3rd daughter.
She always asking the hug from me.
Pakistani nasi Briyani. I love it!




P/s:They said they had bad impression toward Chinese people before they know me. My presence has changed their perception towards Chinese. I am glad to hear about this. I hope during my short stay has brought a light for them.

 

Comments

Popular Posts