5.5

Yesterday was 5th May where Malaysia GE 13 was held. The election was touted to be one of the most competitive in Malaysia's history. However, Malaysians call it as blackest day.

I am 23 and I am glad to be qualified voter. I am first-time voter and was totally excited. There is a significance rising of young voters in GE 13. Many of them (including me) casting a ballot for the first time. All my friends were very excited to go back to their particular place to cast their vote. There are so many stories of Malaysians overseas will do their best to get home. They do not mind travel long distances to vote. This is somehow touching. GE 13 has caught attention from everyone no matter the local or foreigners. That's why GE 13 has been described as a most competitive election in Malaysia's history.

Since independence, Malaysia has experienced more than 55 years of continuous rule by BN. Since the "political tsunami" in GE 2008, people started to request for a clean election. Bersih rally was founded and calls for clean and fair election in a country fed up with problems of electoral fraud, phantom voters, vote buying and a lack of independent public institutions. In recent years, very obvious can be seen that, Malaysians eagerly want transparency and accountability especially in public sector. 

Furthermore, many corruption cases keep arising in Malaysia. Corruption has never played a big role in Malaysians voting decision in past. However, things have changed this time around with the rapid advent of news portals and the social media. No doubt social media has played a very significant role in shaping our election especially Facebook. So many FB posts concerning all the dirty tactics that the government has been playing. Just turning up you can see so many things about the election. It's really refreshing to see young people taking an interest into local politics, the local scene and what's happening to our country. I think this is the reason why people has high expectations to change, "Ini kalilah", "Ubah" are the hottest slogan for this election.


For the result of GE 13, I think is a disappointment for those who want to "Ubah". Anyway the opposition party-DAP won many seats in every state and their performance are delightful. Though I am on the same line with the opposition parties, it does not mean that I support them blindly. I believe that in opposition parties there are also people who hardly resist the temptation of money and power. Meanwhile, I also believe that there are people who really think for the benefit of people. No parties are perfect but at least give them a chance to lead our nation.

For GE 13, many claim that BN play tactics to win the votes. There are so many posts keep on spreading on FB and I really do not know weather those sources are true. So, just keep calm viewing all the posts.

As a Christian, I believe God reigns over the nations and He rules the peoples justly. Though I am a little bit heart-broken but I know I can't lost the faith.

I Love my nation- Malaysia, my Fatherland. 

Comments

Popular Posts