Wake and Face

What is the first thing you do every single morning when you wake up? I guess majority will answer: turn on computer. Today, almost everyone may have  a tendency to turn on the computer right when getting up from bed.

No doubt Facebook has become the most famous social network nowadays and becoming more and more integrated with other part of our lives. Some people constantly update their Facebook status no matter where they go, what they do. Some even gives a run down of their day even though it's just a normal stuff like watching tv, eating, going to work and etc.

Facebook seems like has become a diary. We are always clicking to see if anyone posted on our wall, if they liked a photo, responded to an update. Whenever log in into Facebook the notifications always increase our anxiety. People tend to feel uncomfortable without log on to Facebook even just one day. Maybe this symptom shows that we are addicted to Facebook.

I admit that I used to be addicted to Facebook. Whenever I turned on computer, first thing I will click is the little "F" icon. I find that once I am in front of laptop I would have spent couple of hours randomly clicking links, checking updates, leaving comments , clicking on "Likes" and end up wasting time on the Internet. So much works have been procrastinated especially during the days in uni. I need to connect to internet for my assignments but very often many others things caught my attention and my assignments just left behind. I know it's all about self-discipline problem.

Though Facebook is a great tool help us to connect people, stay updated but I am wondering if one day Facebook is closing down what would happen to our life? Maybe we will read more printed books? Haha!

I am not a person who likes to use digital communications but never doubt the importance of it. When I am home, I seldom online or pick up call. If we can spend couple of hours with the dead screen why not we use that time to talk with parents? We are wasting too much time on things that not so urgent. So friends, if I delay response to your message please understand me this freak person. >.<

*This blog has no offense to anyone. Just coming from my own perspective.* 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts